A family favourite that you can enjoy without feeling the need to make them another meal. Fish and Chips is the ultimate Friday night meal, and you’ll love this lower carb version. It’s easy to add some extra potato or sweet potato for those not fasting in the family.
Number of serves: 9
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 parsnip, cut into thick batons
- 300g celeriac, cut into thick batons
- 1 carrot, cut into thick batons
- 300g white fish, in two fillets
- 30g almond meal
- ½ lemon, zest and juice
- 80g rocket
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas mark 6. Line a baking tray with paper.
- Toss the vegetable batons in the oil with salt and pepper – spread in a single layer over the baking tray and bake for 20 minutes.
- Mix almond meal and lemon zest with a little salt and lightly coat one side of the fish fillets.
- Remove vegetables from the oven, gently flip batons and make space in the middle for the fish fillets – return to the oven and bake for another 15 minutes until the fish is cooked through and “chips” are browned.
- Serve each fish fillet on a bed of rocket with the chips and a squeeze of lemon juice.
Created by: Gabrielle Newman is the Nutritionist and Recipe Developer for The Fast 800, an online programme devoted to helping people live healthier, better quality lives by offering healthy recipes, meal plans, organisational resources and a science-based framework for a healthy lifestyle.
For more healthy lifestyle tips and recipes, head to https://thefast800.com